In this intimate conversation with one of the most intriguing thinkers of our time, Claudio Naranjo shares stories from his lifelong journey, and the teachers who molded his mind and his spirit. He explains the origins of the patriarchal attitudes that led to the violence, oppression, and greed that plague the world today, and identifies the consequences of our dependence on reason at the expense of instinct. His solution, though, may come as a surprise, as he tells us that a return to matriarchy is not enough. In his view, “It’s not the alternative patriarchy and matriarchy, but the alternative between patriarchy and a threefold integration of values and ways of thinking that cannot become a cultural reality if it doesn’t start in the individual. Only by beginning with the politics of consciousness can we transform the outer politics of society.” Once again we’re reminded that global change begins with each of us-and Dr. Naranjo’s prescription for change will invite your inner child to dance. (hosted by Michael Toms)
Claudio Naranjo, M.D. is a pioneer in the exploration of human consciousness and the Human Potential Movement, and is well known for bringing the Enneagram to the United States.
He is the author of thirteen books, including:
- Character and Neurosis: An Integrative View (Gateway Books 2000)
- The Enneagram of Society: Healing the Soul to Heal the World (Gateway Books 2005)
- Healing Civilization (Gateway Books 2010)
To learn more about the work of Claudio Naranjo go to www.ClaudioNaranjo.net.
Topics explored in this dialogue include:
- How climate is related to the emergence of patriarchal attitudes
- Why matriarchy is not the true alternative to patriarchy
- How we can change the consciousness of a world when religions have failed to do so
- How our education system must change so that it fosters our evolution
- Why unleashing your inner animal may help save the world
Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 3/12/2010 Program Number: 3347