Science is beginning to corroborate a link between one’s beliefs, and which genes become activated for one’s health. Thoughts, beliefs, attitudes, prayer, religious faith, a rich social network, and charitable acts all are factors in staying healthy. The releasing of emotional trauma and even believing in a loving God, rather than a punishing God can have an effect on one’s capacity for health and healing. Dawson Church says, “There is a direct link between held emotional trauma and physical healing. I urge people to do whatever it takes to release emotional trauma. Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) is great for releasing emotional trauma, but, for you, it could be prayer, it could be a nurturing friend, it could be an act of altruism.” Church has spent over twenty-five years researching, writing, and gathering the best in the field of health and healing, and has made these findings accessible to all. (hosted by Michael Toms)
Dawson Church has edited or authored over 200 books in the fields of health, psychology, and spirituality. He earned his doctorate in Integrative Healthcare under the mentorship of distinguished neurosurgeon Norman Shealy, M.D., Ph.D., founder of the American Holistic Medical Association. Church went on to receive a postgraduate Ph.D. in Natural Medicine, as well as clinical certification in Energy Psychology (C.EHP). He founded Soul Medicine Institute (SMI), a nonprofit institution dedicated to education and research into science-based medical interventions which use consciousness and energy as primary modalities.
He is the author of:
- Healing the Heart of the World: Harnessing the Power of Intention to Change Your Life and Your Planet (Elite 2006)
- Soul Medicine: Awakening Your Inner Blueprint for Abundant Health and Energy (Elite 2006)
- Einstein’s Business: Engaging Soul, Imagination, and Excellence in the Workplace (Elite 2007)
- The Genie in Your Genes: Epigenetic Medicine and the New Biology of Intention (Energy Psychology Press 2007)
To learn more about the work of Dawson Church go to dawsonchurch.com.
Topics explored in this dialogue include:
- What is Energy Medicine
- How unresolved trauma held in the body affects our health
- How Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) work
- Why Massage is good for your body
- What is epigenetic medicine and what are its the ten principles
- How healing is a process, not an event
Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 9/7/2007 Program Number: 3213