“Each of us, no matter what we do, has a calling,” says Richard Leider, respected author, career coach and founding partner of The Inventure Group (a nationally recognized coaching and learning firm). Leider points out that a calling is more than just finding a job; it involves talents, passions, environment and values. What has distinguished Leider throughout his three decades as a career coach and counselor is the philosophy he brings to making difficult decisions about work and life. “People want to connect deeply with their creative spirit, to know and express their gifts and talents and to know that their lives matter.” Leider has a fullproof formula that works for making decisions on purpose. He brings a fresh way of thinking about what matters most in your life and career giving you tools to discover how to live from the inside out to follow your own calling, whether you are eight or eighty years old. (hosted by Michael Toms)
Leider is the author or co-author of five books including the bestseller Repacking Your Bags (Berrett-Koelher 1995), Whistle While You Work (Berrett-Koelher 2000), and co-authored with David Shapiro, Claiming Your Place At the Fire: Living the Second Half of Your Life On Purpose (Berrett-Koehler Publishers 2004). To learn more about the work of Richard Leider go to www.richardleider.com.
Topics Explored in this Dialogue:
- Discover how to find your true calling
- When to know if your work environment is working for you
- What is the T+ P + E + V formula is and how it can be critical in your career choice
- How you can uncover your calling rather than summon it
- Why are courageous conversations with your employer and co-workers so important?
- What is your vision of the good life? – The ultimate question and the perfect formula
Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 4/18/2001 Program Number: 2868