Coleman Barks is a renowned poet and bestselling author. He was prominently featured in both of Bill Moyer’s PBS television series on poetry, The Language of Life and Fooling with Words. He taught English and poetry at the University of Georgia for thirty years, and he now focuses on writing, readings, and performances.
He is the author of many books including
- The Essential Rumi (Castle Books 1997)
- Open Secret: Versions of Rumi (Threshold Books 1984)
- The Soul of Rumi: A New Collection of Ecstatic Poems (HarperOne 2002)
- Rumi: The Book of Love: Poems of Ecstasy and Longing (HarperOne 2005)
- A Year with Rumi: Daily Readings (HarperOne 2007)
- Rumi: Bridge to the Soul: Journeys into the Music and Silence of the Heart (HarperOne 2007)
- Winter Sky: New and Selected Poems, 1968-2008 (University of Georgia Press 2008)
- Rumi: The Big Red Book: The Great Masterpiece Celebrating Mystical Love and Friendship (HarperOne 2010)
To learn more about the work of Coleman Barks go to www.colemanbarks.com.
Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 2/2/2008 Program Number: C0038