“It is time to ‘gather the women’ – for only when women are strong together can women be fiercely protective of what we love.” Jungian therapist and author, Jean Shinoda Bolen, M.D. heard this call and was moved to write Urgent Message From Mother: Gather the Women, Save the World, exploring the untapped power of women coming together to change our world. Her work has drawn from the Sacred Feminine, which both women and men embody into consciousness and culture. Bolen wants every child in the world to be wanted, to be fed, to be safe, have healthcare and be able to grow, and women, she believes, are the ones to bring it about. “I’m not speaking of the need for women to run the world; I’m saying that women need to speak up, speak the truth, in order to bring balance into the world.” She speaks about the differences between objectivity and the ability to strategize with the feminine realm of empathy, connectedness and nurturing and how, at this time, our world needs the combination of each. (hosted by Bec Kageyama)
Jean Shinoda Bolen, M.D. is a psychiatrist, Jungian analyst, and an internationally known speaker. She is a former board member of the Ms. Foundation, an advocate for a 5th UN World Conference on Women, a convener of the Millionth Circle Initiative, as well as a permanent representative to the UN representing the NGO, Pathways to Peace.
She’s the author of many books, including:
- Goddesses in Everywoman: Powerful Archetypes in Women’s Lives (Harper Paperbacks 2004)
- Crones Don’t Whine: Concentrated Wisdom for Juicy Women (Red Wheel/Weiser 2003)
- The Millionth Circle: How to Change Ourselves and The World–The Essential Guide to Women’s Circles (Conari Press 1999)
- Urgent Message from Mother: Gather the Women, Save the World (Conari Press 2008)
- Like a Tree: How Trees, Women, and Tree People Can Save the Planet (Conari Press 2010)
- Artemis: The Indomitable Spirit in Everywoman (Conari Press 2014)
To learn more about Jean Shinoda Bolen go to www.jeanbolen.com.
Topics explored in this dialogue include:
- How are women changing the story
- How women’s circles can bring peace to the world
- When solutions evolve out of grassroots conversations.
- What is the difference between Tend and Befriend and Flight or Fight
- What if the women of the world decided how the budget of the world was spent
- Why do women need to speak the truth
Host: Bec Kageyama Interview Date: 7/27/2005 Program Number: 3101