Evolutionary biologist Elisabet Sahtouris blends biology, philosophy and spirituality into an intoxicating mix that will touch the very nucleus of your cells. Offering a multitude of reasons to remain hopeful despite dire predictions for our environment, Sahtouris is confident we can turn things around – and quickly – because “life is too intelligent to proceed by accident.” She cites recent evidence that “DNA reorganizes itself intelligently under stress with remarkable speed.” In other words, “There’s never a time for greater creativity than during crisis.” Sahtouris shows you how to uncover the four and one-half billion years of biological wisdom deep inside us all.
Elisabet Sahtouris, Ph.D. is an internationally acclaimed evolution biologist, futurist and author.
Her books include:
- EarthDance: Living Systems in Evolution (iUniverse 2000)
- A Walk Through Time: From Stardust to Us–The Evolution of Life on Earth (coauthors Brian Swimme & Sidney Liebes) (John Wiley & Sons 1998)
- Biology Revisioned (coauthor Willis Harman) (North Atlantic Books 1998)
To learn more about the work of Elisabet Sahtouris go to www.sahtouris.com.
Topics Explored in This Dialogue
- How to understand your place in the universe
- Why nothing in the universe is ever lost
- The secret connection between self-interest and cooperation
- How biology and spirituality empower ecology
- Genetic engineering: is science going too far?
- How biology has overtaken physics as a root science
- How to use biological concepts to help human institutions