Culture no longer protects against growing threats of global terror and societal greed, while Nature becomes increasingly endangered through pollution, holes in the ozone, and the effects of global warming. In this insightful dialogue, storyteller and mythologist Michael Meade, shows that when things seem darkest, it is “mythic sense” that is missing and mythic imagination is needed. He tells us, “Now is the time to find one’s own unique, personal connection to things beyond time and beyond the simplicity of place. The best connection to have when all connections are breaking down is a connection to eternity which is the individual right of each person.” (hosted by Michael Toms)
Michael Meade is a renowned storyteller, author, scholar of mythology, and student of ritual in traditional cultures. He has scoured the world to bring to us meaningful folk tales that tap into ancestral sources of wisdom, and acts as a guide to connect them to the stories we are living today. Meade is the founder of Mosaic Multicultural Foundation.
Michael Meade’s books include:
- The Water of Life: Initiation and the Tempering of the Soul (GreenFire Press 2006)
- Why the World Doesn’t End, Tales of Renewal in Times of Loss (Greenfire Press 2012)
- Fate and Destiny, The Two Agreements of the Soul (revised & expanded, Greenfire Press 2012)
He is the creator of many CD and audio recordings as well, such as:
To learn more about the work of Michael Meade go to www.mosaicvoices.org.
Topics Explored in This Dialogue
- What is time and where do you get more of it
- Why the story is everything
- How do you find your “Tree of Life?”
- Why poetry is what you’re looking for
- When apocalypse is not the end
- What is fundamentalism