Just as America is the melting pot of race and culture, so too does it provide a fertile breeding ground of diverse spiritual and religious paths. Elizabeth Lesser performs the magic of synthesizing the rich blends of the world’s wisdom traditions, focusing on our right to individual choice: “What’s so American about what’s going on today is a diverse richness – a cornucopia of spiritual paths to take.” You’ll hear touching stories about birth and death in this contemporary soulful discourse, and discover the range and possibilities of widening your spiritual landscape.
Cofounder and senior advisor of Omega Institute, Lesser is the author of The New American Spirituality: A Seeker’s Guide (Random House 2000).
Topics Explored in this Dialogue:
- Is your spiritual path really working?
- Lesser’s greatest spiritual teacher
- Why combining psychotherapy with spiritual practice is so beneficial
- “Laws of healing” that can transform your life
- Contemporary spiritual leadersóboth women and men
- Advantages and drawbacks of working with a guru or spiritual teacher
- The wisdom of connecting deeply with birth and death
- Why democracy and self-discipline go hand in hand
- Stereotypes and wisdom from the “New Age”
- The similarities and differences of Western and Eastern philosophies
- A brief history of The Omega Institute
Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 3/9/2000 Program Number: 2811