Imagine asking God questions, and then receiving a response. This is the actual experience and topic of discussion in this engaging interview with Neale Donald Walsch. Walsch, whose entire life was profoundly changed as a result of his conversations with God, says “I used to think that God was real–now I know it.” A former newspaper editor, Walsch discovered that all of us have the power to turn our lives into exactly what we want them to be, because “the universe will provide to you exactly what you declare … the engines that drive the human experience of creation are the words ‘I am'; whatever you say following the word ‘I am’ (if you say it often enough and with enough conviction) will, in fact, become reality.”
Together with his wife Nancy, Walsch has formed ReCreation, an organization whose goal is to give people back to themselves. He is the author of Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue (Putnam 1996).
Topics Explored in this Dialogue:
- Five words that could change the world
- How God is talking to you
- Improving your communicating with God: rethinking how you pray
- How to become who you want to be and get where you want to go
- How to stop being a victim
- Rediscovering what you already know
- The ways we keep ourselves from growing and developing
- How accepting responsibility for your own circumstances enables you to change them
- Detaching yourself from specific outcomes
- Breaking the barriers of time
- God as the observer, not the creator
- Are we immortal?
Program Number: 2603 Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 11/5/1996