Fr. Bede Griffiths (1906-1993) was one of the great spiritual prophets of the 20th century and a true holy man. He was an English Benedictine monk who settled in India in 1955 and went on to become one of the great mystical teachers of our time. In India, where he assumed the dress and ascetic discipline of a Hindu holy man, Griffiths established a Christian community following the customs of a Hindu ashram. Through his immersion in the scriptures of India he found wisdom and inspiration for his own Christian faith. He won worldwide recognition for his pioneering efforts to bridge the great traditions of Christian and Hindu faith. He was an advocate for global spiritual friendship, rather than a global religion and encouraged the cultivation of respect for each other’s spiritual practices.
His books include:
- Bede Griffiths: Essential Writings (Orbus Books 2004)
- The Golden String: An Autobiography (Templegate 1980)
- Marriage of East and West: A Sequel to The Golden String (Templegate 1982)
- The Cosmic Revelation: The Hindu Way to God (Templegate 1983)
- Christ in India (Templegate 1984)
To learn more about the work of Fr. Bede Griffiths go to www.bedegriffiths.com.
Russill Paul travels widely in the U.S. and internationally to teach, perform and record, and is featured at conferences on music, health and spirituality throughout the world.
His CDs include:
- Nada Yoga (Sounds True 2007)
- The Yoga of Sound (companion CD to book)
- Shabda: Mantra Mysticism (Sounds True 2008)
- Shakti: Tantric Embrace (American Journey 2008)
His books include:
- The Yoga of Sound: Tapping the Hidden Power of Music and Chant (New World Library 2006)
Asha and Russill Paul are trustees of the Bede Griffiths International Trust.
To learn more about the work of Russill and Asha Paul go to www.russillpaul.com.
From Album: Shalimar
Artist: Alan Hovhaness
1988 Fortuna Records #17062-2
Track – To Hiroshige’s Cat
From Album: Festival of India
Music of the World #CDT-121
Tracks: Sultan Bhai by Sultan Khan, Raga Hansa-Dhwani by G.S. Sachdev