Money can’t make you happy, but not having it can cause problems. Why is it that so many of us experience trouble with our finances? Financial planner Suze Orman has surprising answers for us. “So many of us think that the amount of money you have ultimately determines your emotional state. It’s your emotional state that determines how much money you have.” Learn how to start thriving instead of just surviving by removing the obstacles standing in your way of financial freedom.
Orman is the author of the bestselling You’ve Earned It, Don’t Lose It (Newmarket Press 1994), The Nine Steps to Financial Freedom (Crown 1997), and The Courage to Be Rich: Creating a Life of Material and Spiritual Abundance (Riverhead 1999).
Topics Explored in this Dialogue:
- How to bring more money into your life
- The three internal obstacles that keep you from having what you want
- How to combine your self-worth with your net worth
- How much should you give away?
- Ways you may be sabotaging your own success
- How to turn a financial crisis into a financial breakthrough
- The connection between clutter and credit card debt
Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 5/10/1999 Program Number: 2777