We all want love, and we all want power. Can we have both? Lynn Andrews says, Yes. First we need to figure out who we are, love who we are, and stop thinking of power as an inherently evil way to control other people. Next, realize that power will never be given to you. “The muses do not come until you begin the process of your art. There is no instant gratification without doing your homework, without commitment to a process,” says Andrews. Once you make that commitment, prepare to be tested. If you pass, there are no limits to what you can accomplish.
Andrews is a pioneer in spiritual development and the unfolding feminine consciousness, and the best-selling, internationally acclaimed author of more than fifteen books, which include Medicine Woman (Harper & Row 1981), Jaguar Woman (Harper & Row 1986), Woman at the Edge of Two Worlds (HarperCollins 1993) and Love and Power: Awakening to Mastery (HarperCollins 1997).
Topics Explored in this Dialogue:
- How to realize your own power
- Why love and power go together
- Why “power” is not an evil word
- Finding the path to enlightenment through your flaws
- Why it is harder to walk the spiritual path today than ever before
- How to attain the steps to mastery
- Qualities of a great teacher
Program Number: 2679 Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 11/19/1997