The undiluted wisdom of Indian Hinduism is presented here by a female spiritual teacher. Considered by her devotees to be a sacred incarnation of the goddess Saraswati, Karunamayiís birth was predicted by the great sage Ramana Maharshi. After ten years meditating in the forest, she founded various ashrams and poverty-relief programs in India. Radiating a clear, sweet presence, she presents simple, profound, ancient insights about meditation, human nature, the power of silence, the power of sound, and more. “Only one having inner vision,” she says, “understands the universe.” This program includes some very beautiful chanting by Karunamayi.
Murugan has written about her life in Karunamayi: A Biography (Sri Mathru Devi Viswa Shanthi Ashram Trust, Andhra Pradesh, India 1996). Translation assistance from Karunamayiís brother, Swami Vijayananada.
Topics Explored in this Dialogue:
- How to “burn the karma of human personality”
- What meditation does for you
- The trouble with thoughts
- What her ten-year meditation was like
- What people seek from her most now
- How Nature itself meditates
- Saraswati, goddess of creativity, eloquence and knowledge
- Why “silence is the language of divinity”
- The power of “aum”
- Mantras for spiritual strength and healing
Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 8/9/1996 Program Number: 2585