Judith Orloff, M.D. comes from a long line of intuitive healers, and she’s been working with her own intuition since she was a young child. Through her personal experience and her work as an intuitive psychiatrist, she’s acquired a wealth of knowledge that will help you learn to recognize, and make wise use of your own intuition. In this fun and fascinating interview, she shares her story of working as an intuitive within the medical community, and offers a wealth of suggestions for how you can expand your inner knowing-and in the process discover a more loving, inspired way of living. Dr. Orloff tells us, “Intuition does not come through by trying to figure out anything. It comes through by being entirely receptive, open, playful, as spontaneous as possible, and trusting what comes . . . It connects you with something greater than the self, beyond I-me-mine, to something larger so that you can connect with that greater flow.” (hosted by Justine Willis Toms)
Judith Orloff, M.D. is assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at U.C.L.A., and has been a presenter at medical schools, hospitals, universities, and the American Psychiatric Association. For more than two decades she has helped patients achieve physical and emotional healing through the synthesis of traditional medicine with intuition, energy, and spirituality.
She’s the author of:
- The Ecstasy of Surrender: 12 Surprising Ways Letting Go Can Empower Your Life (Harmony books 2014)
- Emotional Freedom: Liberate Yourself from Negative Emotions and Transform Your Life (Harmony Books 2009)
- Second Sight: An Intuitive Psychiatrist Tells Her Extraordinary Story and Shows You How to Tap Your Own Inner Wisdom (Warner Books 2010)
To find out more about the work of Judith Orloff, M.D. go to www.drjudithorloff.com.
Topics explored in this dialogue include:
- How you can tell the difference between fear and intuition
- What structures in your brain – and in your intestines – are related to intuition
- How the medical community is incorporating intuition into patient care
- Which business mogul built his financial empire using his intuition
- How your intuition can help you overcome your fear of death
Host: Justine Willis Toms Interview Date: 10/16/2009 Program Number: 3324