Discover how to make your home a sanctuary, talk and listen from your heart, make financial peace with your partner, and keep that loving connection going when children become part of the family. Janet Luhrs shares her story, her strategies, her resources, and her inspiration with you in this insightful dialogue, describing ways to apply the principles of conscious living to your intimate loving relationships. Whether you just need a few pointers on how to begin – or are ready for a major overhaul – Luhrs’ advice is wise, tender, sensuous and practical.
Luhrs has degrees in journalism and law and is the founder, editor, and publisher of Simple Living, The Journal of Voluntary Simplicity. She is the author of The Simple Living Guide (Broadway 1997) and Simple Loving: A Path to Deeper, More Sustainable Relationships (Penguin 2000). Her website is at www.simpleliving.com
Topics Explored in this Dialogue:
- Easy ways to simplify your life – and enhance your relationships in the process
- How “doing without” can lead to “having more”
- The importance of support groups to help you change
- How virtues can enhance your relationships
- A unique alternative for coping with ever-escalating housing costs
- How the principles of simplicity apply to your relationships
- Innovative ways to get out of debt!
- The most important things you can do for your loved ones
- Why it’s important to nurture yourself
- What visual stress is and how you can decrease it
- How clutter affects your life
Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 7/12/2000 Program Number: 2823