Though he began his academic career in the Catholic Seminary, it was Bernard Haisch’s passion for astrophysics that set the course for his professional life. While he may have left the priesthood behind, he never left behind the fundamental questions: Is there really a God? What am I? and What is my Destiny? He has spent three decades as a professional scientist and a lifetime as a seeker. Through twists and turns, he has arrived at a worldview that offers a satisfying and hopeful explanation of what’s behind it all. “I see God as a macro-designer, one whose ideas become the laws of physics.” His ideas are the thoughts of an inquisitive but open-minded scientist, and here in this dialogue he presents a promising intellectual as well as humanitarian theory of how the gap between science and religion is thinner than one might believe. (hosted by Craig Hamilton)
Bernard Haisch, Ph.D. is an astrophysicist and the author of over 130 scientific publications, and served for ten years as a scientific editor of The Astrophysical Journal and The Journal of Scientific Exploration. He has done research in solar-stellar astrophysics and stochastic electrodynamics, and has developed, with Alfonso Rueda, a speculative theory that the non-zero lowest energy state of the vacuum, as predicted by quantum mechanics, might provide a physical explanation for the origin of inertia. He has advocated the serious scientific study of phenomena outside of the traditional scope of science and is known for his interest in the UFO phenomenon.
His books include:
- The Purpose-Guided Universe: Believing in Einstein, Darwin, and God (New Page Books 2010)
- God Theory, The: Universes, Zero-Point Fields, and What’s Behind It All (Weiser Books 2006)
To learn more about the work of Bernard Haisch go to www.thegodtheory.com.
Topics explored in this dialogue include:
- What would you do with infinite potential, an unlimited ability to do anything
- How does consciousness arise out of matter
- What are the universal physical constants and how do they affect us
- How can science and spirituality be bridged
- What is the zero-point field in physics
- How believing and embracing karma could be the best vaccine against the virus of insanity facing our world today
- How can one have spirituality without religion
- What is religious scienticism and where does it fit in with you
Host: Craig Hamilton Interview Date: 6/28/2006 Program Number: 3159