After her third cancer diagnosis in three years, Leigh Fortson is healthy and living a joyful life. By the third one she decided to write a book and she went about interviewing dozens of people who are cancer free. She discovered that each of them went about their healing using many different tools, including creative visualization, Qi Gong, raw food, forgiveness, and many others. But she said the one thread that ran through all their stories and the best advice she heard over and over was, “Whenever you run into crisis, whether it is health crisis, or loss of a loved one, the loss of a home, or all of our fortune, the greatest gift you can give yourself is reclaiming your authority about how you are going to go through that. What choices you are going to make that are going to empower you instead of disempower you.” Hear her inspiring story of health and healing in this powerful dialogue. (hosted by Michael Toms)
Leigh Fortson has coauthored and edited numerous books about health, nutrition, and medicine. She spent decades learning about, and practicing healthy lifestyle habits, and was shocked to find out in 2006 she had cancer. Today she has a clean bill of health and lives in Colorado with her family.
She is the author of:
- Embrace, Release, Heal: An Empowering Guide to Talking about, Thinking about, and Treating Cancer (Sounds True 2011)
To learn more about the work of Leigh Fortson go to embracehealingcancer.com.
Topics explored in this dialogue include:
- How her third diagnosis for cancer was presented
- What kind of support group helped her believe she could be cancer free
- What is the morphic field of cancer, and how is it disempowering
- What are the three things that impact our cells
- What is the greatest gift you can give yourself when going through a crisis
- Why cancer is a word and not a sentence
- Why is forgiveness is crucial for healing
- Why we should be the authority for our options
Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 10/27/2011 Program Number: 3416