Living in a fast paced, material minded and consumer driven culture, where the mass media expects us to buy more to be more, where do we find respite from the onslaught? The answer to this query, so common for so many, has a direct and clear response, as articulated by Sakyong Mipham, one of the most highly respected young incarnate Lamas of Tibet. He says there is a way out of the mental morass, a path to making the mind an ally.
Sakyong Mipham is the director of Shambhala International and the author of Turning the Mind Into An Ally (Riverhead 2003).
Topics Explored in this Dialogue:
- How to create more joy in your life
- How to cut through spiritual materialism
- What are the most effective ways to quiet the chatterbox of the mind
- Why enlightenment is an ongoing process of discovery
- How to be a spiritual warrior for peace
Host: Interview Date: 1/31/2003 Program Number: 2970