How do you get past the chatter in your mind to find the wisdom that comes from a deeper place, your truest inner guidance? Is there a way to filter out the false sense of knowing that comes only from the ego? In this beautiful and inspiring conversation, Joan Borysenko sheds light on the mystery of finding connection with your highest truth. She takes you back to the basic principles of ancient spiritual teachings, but with a light and gentle touch, and includes practical tools you can use that will help you find your own guidance-today. “Ultimately,” she says, “when we talk about guidance, there is a spiritual DNA within each one of us that will lead us to our best self. How do we follow that strand of guidance, and evolve that compassionate overflow of love and joy in what we do?” When we’ve all been inundated with schemes for visualizing our way to having everything we want, there’s a breath of fresh air in Dr. Borysenko’s reminder that things like nonattachment, no-thingness, and agape will bring us closer to our path than any “secret” ever could. (hosted by Michael Toms)
Joan Borysenko, Ph.D. is a psychologist and cell biologist. She holds a doctorate in medical sciences from Harvard Medical School, and has completed post-doctoral fellowships in behavioral sciences and psychoneuroimmunology. She is a pioneer in integrative medicine and a world-renowned expert in the mind-body connection. She is a journalist and host of her own radio show.
She is the bestselling author of fourteen books including:
- Minding the Body, Mending the Mind (De Capo Press 2007)
- A Woman’s Book of Life: The Biology, Psychology, and Spirituality of the Feminine Life Cycle (Riverhead 1998)
- It’s Not the End of the World: Developing Resilience in Times of Change (Hay House 2009)
- The PlantPlus Diet Solution: Personalized Nutrition for Life (Hay House 2014)
To learn more about the work of Joan Borysenko go to www.JoanBorysenko.com.
Topics explored in this dialogue include:
- How you can find your way through your beliefs to true inner guidance
- Why fear and worry can cause you to make poor choices
- When signs and synchronicities can point you in the wrong direction
- Why knowing the answer can interfere with intuition
- What three signs you can look for to tell you you’re on the right path
- Why power is an essential component of love
Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 9/13/2007 Program Number: 3214