Growing evidence indicates that parents’ experiences during pregnancy significantly affect the mental and physical condition of the child throughout life. Here is an approach that considers the effects of parental and even past lives, to lend insight and healing power to our current life situations. By accessing the “whole self” inside, we can explore the causes and cures of life challenges that began before our birth. “Almost any of the typologies that we are working with in our life,” says John-Richard, “are simply replicas of whatever our mother and father were going through emotionally during that period.” This is “required listening” for anyone who is, will be or has had a parent.
The Turners are co-directors of the Institute for Whole Self Discovery and Development; and John-Richard, who pioneered Prebirth Therapy in 1970, is a vice-president of the International Society for Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology and Medicine.
Topics Explored in this Dialogue:
- What parents-to-be need to understand about babies
- The influence of parents’ emotions on babies during pregnancy
- Why we are often compelled to repeat our behavior patterns
- How past lives shed light on current feelings and relationships
- A new perspective on abortion, miscarriage and stillbirth
- A spiritual viewpoint on infant death
- A possible cause of depression, bulemia and other disorders
- A better future for sex education
- How current political events trigger epidemic personal crises
- Insights on the meaning of “old souls”
- Troye’s story of healing from anorexia, bulimia and cancer
Program Number: 2457 Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 4/13/1994