These dedicated explorers of human consciousness offer a stimulating view of what could be possible if we learned to use our everyday situations, our body awareness, and our family relationships to live toward a new definition of enlightenment. They describe how to use sensation and intuition as guides to spiritual growth. Says Richard, “Our senses are enormously limited by the kind of consciousness we think is consciousness. The awakening process amplifies your senses in profound ways.” They tell how their marriage and children have guided them toward a more enlightened awareness–grounded in everyday experience yet opening toward the greater mysteries and wonders of life.
Ariel Moss has spent two decades in Europe as a linguist and her opening to expanded concisousness came through the birth of her third child.
Richard Moss, M.D. received his doctorate of Medicine in 1972, but after a few years of general practice, a life-changing realization led him to his true calling: the exploration of spiritual awakening and its integration in daily life. For more than three decades Moss has been working intimately with groups, helping people all over the world to touch their deeper essence, thus transforming their lives.
He is the author of many books, including:
- The Black Butterfly: An Invitation to Radical Aliveness (Celestial Arts 1987)
- The Mandala of Being: Discovering the Power of Awareness (New World Library)
- Inside-Out Healing: Transforming Your Life Through the Power of Presence (Hay House 2011)
To learn more about the work of Richard Moss, M.D. go to www.richardmoss.com.
Topics Explored in this Dialogue:
- An attainable definition of enlightenment
- The first and second miracles of human consciousness
- Women’s role in rediscovering body knowledge
- Learning compassion and focus from your children
- Relationship as a path to enlightened awareness
- The danger of over-immersion in the transcendental
- Feeling and intuition as guides toward mystery
- What spiritual maturity consists of
- Moving from being a victim of life to being a disciple of life
- The transformative power of “radical intuition”
Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 9/11/1995 Program Number: 2543