What do you want? Now reach a little further. What do you really want? What if you could stretch your imagination to include possibilities you never dreamed of, then discover tools that will bring you closer than you ever thought you could be? Dave Ellis suggests that if our dreams are big enough, even if we fall short, we’ll still be extraordinarily happy. He says, “If you imagine paradise times four and you only get a fourth of it-well, then you end up with paradise.” This author, educator, and philanthropist has made it his life’s work to help people discover and create the lives of their dreams. He’s made and lost millions of dollars-then made millions all over again and given millions more away. Through it all he developed a system that helps him keep his eye on what really matters, and stay on track to live a joyful, fun-filled life regardless of his net worth. In this dialogue he shares his system with us so we can use it too. (hosted by Justine Willis Toms)
Dave Ellis is an author, lecturer, and founder of the Brande Foundation. He inspires people all around the country with his Falling Awake Workshop, and is the creator of the interactive website fallingawake.com.
His books include:
- Becoming A Master Student (Houghton Mifflin 2007)
- Life Coaching: A Manual for Helping Professionals (Crown 2006)
- Falling Awake: Creating the Life of Your Dreams (Breakthrough Enterprises 2002)
To learn more about the work of Dave Ellis go to www.daveellisleadership.com.
Topics explored in this dialogue include:
- Why the conversations you have today may determine the life you live in twenty years
- What you can gain from celebrating your mistakes
- How forgiveness can be the selfish way to live a good life
- What three steps you can use to change any habit you want to change
- How you can use fun instead of discipline and willpower to change your habits
Host: Justine Willis Toms Interview Date: 8/17/2008 Program Number: 3059