Although some people think our era is ripe for divine revelation, Sheila Keene-Lund believes we’ve had that information for decades in the form of The Urantia Book, a spiritual text of unknown authorship from the early 20th century. Presented as a collection written by numerous celestial beings, the work covers an array of topics, from God and Jesus to history and cosmology. She spent twelve years researching and studying this book and says of her own experience, “We have beliefs we don’t even know we have and they affect the way that we act, think, and the way that we treat others. If we are able to allow ourselves to explore new concepts, we’ll discover more meaning in what we know. We’ll discover more questions to ask . . . We need to enliven our religion in our hearts. We need to enliven our experience of wanting to know more God, and to experience more God in our lives.” (hosted by Michael Toms)
Sheila Keene-Lund was born in Spain to an English father and a Puerto Rican mother and has served as a Transcendental Meditation teacher, a deaconess in the Liberal Catholic Church, and as a hospice worker who has developed workshops on spiritually caring for the living and dying. She is currently education committee chair of Urantia Association International and vice president of the Urantia Association of Florida.
She offers presentations and workshops, nationally and internationally, on the concepts and practical application of the principles discovered in her research and described in her book:
- Heaven Is Not the Last Stop: Exploring a New Revelation (Document It! Publishing 2010)
To learn more about the work of Sheila Keene-Lund go to www.sheilakeenelund.com.
Topics explored in this dialogue include:
- Why we need new information in order to change our outdated worldview
- Why we need to let go of our intellectual and spiritual comfort zones
- How did The Urantia Book come into existence
- How Adam and Eve are biological uplifters who have come down to help humans
- What, according to the The Urantia Book, are the keys to living a spiritual life
- How do we awaken in the God consciousness
- How intention can guide us to hear the God spark within us
Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 6/24/2010 Program Number: 3363