Here is Part II of an evocative interview aimed at finding our true passion and integrating it into our life, both on and off the job. It’s about finding joy, taking initiative and making the jump. But before you leap, Justine says “There is an art to choosing well. It involves moving from your own authenticity as well as seeking alignment and cooperation of others, because none of us works in a vacuum. Remember that the soul is seeking qualities, not things.” The Tomses have faced many challenges (both personal and professional) in the 25 years of continual expansion of New Dimensions. They have learned to never give up the dream, but “hold the future loosely” as life has a way of offering surprising outcomes. (hosted by Jacqui Dunne)
Michael Toms (1940-2013) was co-founder of New Dimensions Radio and adjunct professor at the Union Graduate School, chairman emeritus of the California Institute of Integral Studies.
He was the author of:
- At the Leading Edge (Larson 1991)
- An Open Life: Joseph Campbell in Conversation with Michael Toms (Larson 1988)
Justine Willis Toms is co-founder and executive producer of New Dimensions Radio.
She is the author of:
- Small Pleasures: Finding Grace in a Chaotic World (Hampton Roads Publishers 2008)
Michael and Justine are the co-authors of:
- True Work: The Sacred Dimension of Earning a Living (Bell Tower 1998)
To find out more about the work of Michael and Justine Toms go to new dimensions.org.
Topics explored in this dialogue include:
- Four sure-fire ways to deal with setbacks
- How to discover your own authenticity
- What to do when worry wakes you up in the middle of the night
- Being inner-directed rather than outer-directed
- A new perspective on money
- The importance of True Work Circles
Host: Jacqui Dunne Interview Date: 1/27/1998 Program Number: 2701