To actually be paid for doing what you love would be a dream come true. But how do you discover your passion? And how do you find a way to bring that spirit into the workplace? Michael and Justine Toms, co-founders of New Dimensions Broadcasting Network, are living proof that it can be done. In this dynamic dialogue they talk about how to discover your passion, cope with a toxic work environment and move with “radical trust.” As Michael says, “Creativity comes out of chaos. When the hardest lessons and most difficult experiences are in front of us, that’s where the gold is, that’s where the real nitty-gritty of your own authenticity lies.” Discover ways to find your passion and bring it alive in work and play. Remember, “This is not a galactic penal colony–life is meant to be fun.” (hosted by Jacqui Dunne)
Michael Toms (1940-2013) was co-founder of New Dimensions Radio and adjunct professor at the Union Graduate School, chairman emeritus of the California Institute of Integral Studies.
He was the author of:
- At the Leading Edge (Larson 1991)
- An Open Life: Joseph Campbell in Conversation with Michael Toms (Larson 1988)
Justine Willis Toms is co-founder and executive producer of New Dimensions Radio.
She is the author of:
- Small Pleasures: Finding Grace in a Chaotic World (Hampton Roads Publishers 2008)
Michael and Justine are the co-authors of:
- True Work: The Sacred Dimension of Earning a Living (Bell Tower 1998)
To find out more about the work of Michael and Justine Toms go to new dimensions.org.
Topics Explored in This Dialogue
- How to discover your passion
- How to cope with a toxic work environment
- Four ways to expand time
- Developing “radical trust”
- Being realistic and living your dreams
- Taking charge of the direction of your life
- How to balance work and play
- Letting go of approval from authority
- How New Dimensions was created, one small step at a time
- How to create your own “True Work” circle