“In order not to be tired, or live a life you’re constantly recovering from, you have to learn how to build your positive energy every single day, and to realize immediately when it gets drained,” says Dr. Judith Orloff. With her characteristic conviction and no-nonsense approach, Orloff affirms our sense that positive or negative energy can affect how we feel physically and emotionally; it can even affect our behavior. She explains how our thoughts, our experiences, the people we meet and the places we go can renew our energy and make us feel great, or deplete it and make us feel exhausted or worse. Dr. Orloff draws from her personal experience and her years of clinical practice in energy psychiatry to provide practical suggestions that enable even the most sensitive among us to protect ourselves from the negativity we encounter each day, and sustain our positive energy field in the midst of a hectic and uncertain world. (Hosted by Justine Willis Toms)
Judith Orloff, M.D. is assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at U.C.L.A., and has been a presenter at medical schools, hospitals, universities, and the American Psychiatric Association. For more than two decades she has helped patients achieve physical and emotional healing through the synthesis of traditional medicine with intuition, energy, and spirituality.
She’s the author of:
- The Ecstasy of Surrender: 12 Surprising Ways Letting Go Can Empower Your Life (Harmony books 2014)
- Emotional Freedom: Liberate Yourself from Negative Emotions and Transform Your Life (Harmony Books 2009)
- Second Sight: An Intuitive Psychiatrist Tells Her Extraordinary Story and Shows You How to Tap Your Own Inner Wisdom (Warner Books 2010)
To find out more about the work of Judith Orloff, M.D. go to www.drjudithorloff.com.
Topics explored in this dialogue include:
- How to identify “energy vampires” and prevent them from draining your energy
- How to define your personal space to preserve your energy
- Why rushing is such a hazard to your mental, spiritual and physical health
- How your negative energy can actually cause machines to break down
- How do you replenish your energy
- How to recognize the positive or negative energy of the food you eat
Host: Justine Willis Toms Interview Date: 10/30/2003 Program Number: 3015