Join us for a lively conversation with one of the creative teachers and thinkers of our time. For more than thirty years Gay Hendricks has been studying the way human beings think, create loving relationships, and approach their spirituality-and he’s been living the lessons as well. A pioneer in the field of mind-body-spirit integration, he’s developed techniques that can help each of us discover where our thoughts, our emotions, and even our beliefs can actually be detected in our bodies. That’s no small achievement in a world where we spend so much time staring at computer monitors and television sets that we often lose touch with everything else. As Hendricks explains, “The downside of a visually saturated environment is that it’s so compelling that it allows you to get away-you think-with putting aside other aspects of yourself.” But as he teaches us to reconnect, and creates a host of new ways to cultivate and share our creativity, he finds that hopefulness gives way to confidence that we’re on track for greater health, happiness and inspiration.
For over four decades Gay Hendricks, Ph.D. has been a leader in the fields of relationship transformation and body-mind therapies. He served for twenty-one years as a professor at the University of Colorado, and went on to found The Hendricks Institute, an international learning center for conscious living, and Illumination University, a virtual learning center for transformation.
He is author of many books including:
- Conscious Loving: The Journey to Co-Commitment (co-author Kathlyn Hendricks, Ph.D.) (Bantam 1992)
- Five Wishes: How Answering One Simple Question Can Make Your Dreams Come True (New World Library 2007)
- The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level (HarperOne 2009)
To learn more about the work of Gay Hendricks go to www.hendricks.com.
Topics explored in this dialogue include:
- How you can learn to think with different parts of your body
- Why storytelling and listening change you and the world for the better
- How your spirit inhabits your body
- How to move fro worry to wonder
- How you can alter your mood in just a few seconds
- Why spirituality may be easier to spot in a well-run business than in a spiritual organization
Host: Michael Toms Interview Date: 6/20/2005 Program Number: 3096