Andrew Weil, M.D. is a leader and pioneer in the field of integrative medicine. He’s a graduate of Harvard Medical School and the Founder and Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine (AzCIM) at the College of Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, where he is also a Clinical Professor of Medicine, Professor of Public Health, and the Lovell-Jones Professor of Integrative Rheumatology. Dr. Weil received both his medical degree and his undergraduate AB degree in biology (botany) from Harvard University. He writes Self Healing, a monthly newsletter, and is the author of many books.
He’s the author of:
- Spontaneous Healing : How to Discover and Embrace Your Body’s Natural Ability to Maintain and Heal Itself (Ballantine Books 2000)
- 8 Weeks to Optimum Health: A Proven Program for Taking Full Advantage of Your Body’s Natural Healing Power (Knopf 2006)
- Healthy Aging: A Lifelong Guide to Your Well-Being (Knopf 2005)
- Why Our Health Matters: A Vision of Medicine That Can Transform Our Future (Hudson Street 2009)
- Spontaneous Happiness: A New Path to Emotional Well-Being (Little, Brown and Company, Reprint edition 2013)
- True Food: Seasonal, Sustainable, Simple, Pure (with co-authors, Sam Fox & Michael Stebner) (Little, Brown and Company 2012)
To learn more about the work of Andrew Weil go to www.drweil.com.